Spiritual Thought:
I have heard Alma 13:28 misquoted by people many times when they say, "I know that I will not be tempted above that which I am able to bear." However, the problem with that is that they are leaving out the most important part of the scripture where the Lord says, "Watch and pray continutally"- so that you won't be tempted. It doesn't just happen. If you continually put yourself in bad situations, you will eventually fall. Here is the correction reading of that scripture - "But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call upon his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering. (Alma 13:28)
Daily Focus Scriptures to mark and ponder:
Alma 13:3 - "And this is the manner after which they were ordained - being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works..."I have heard Alma 13:28 misquoted by people many times when they say, "I know that I will not be tempted above that which I am able to bear." However, the problem with that is that they are leaving out the most important part of the scripture where the Lord says, "Watch and pray continutally"- so that you won't be tempted. It doesn't just happen. If you continually put yourself in bad situations, you will eventually fall. Here is the correction reading of that scripture - "But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call upon his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering. (Alma 13:28)
Daily Focus Scriptures to mark and ponder:
Alma 14:28 - "And Alma and Amulek came forth out of the prison, and they were not hurt; for the Lord had granted unto them, power, according to their faith which was in Christ. And they straightway came forth out of the prison; and they were loosed from their bands; and the prison had fallen to the earth and every soul within the walls thereof, save it were Alma and Amulek, was slain; and they straightway came forth into the city."
Click here to watch Alma and Amulek in Prison
Food for Thought:
(Boyd K. Packer:) “I recently asked a doctor of family medicine how much of his time was devoted purely to correcting physical disorders. He has a large practice, and after thoughtfully considering, he answered, ‘Not more than 20 percent. The rest of the time I seem to be working on problems that very much affect the physical well-being of my patients but do not originate in the body. ’These physical disorders,’ the doctor concluded, ‘are merely symptoms of some other kind of trouble.’… There is another part of us, not so tangible, but quite as real as our physical body. This intangible part of us is described as mind, emotion, intellect, temperament, and many other things. Very seldom is it described as spiritual. But there is a spirit in man; to ignore it is to ignore reality. There are spiritual disorders, too, and spiritual diseases that can cause intense suffering.The body and the spirit of man are bound together. Often, very often, when there are disorders, it is very difficult to tell which is which.” (Ensign, Nov. 1977, p. 59 as taken from the BOM Institute Manual).
BOMING Picture: Here is Zeezrom, sick with a burning fever after he thought that Alma and Amulek had been killed.

No comments:
Post a Comment